Friday, September 16, 2011

Possible Fill Soon

Well its decided... after almost a year since the last time I've had a fill, I will be going to True Results to get the barium swallow/x-ray done and possibly get a fill.

My goal was to get as close to 200 lbs as possible before going back but I have come to realize some things.

1.  I'm not going to let any one, including a nurse talk to me like I'm an idiot or even make me feel like shit.  Its bad enough I beat myself up regarding this weight loss process.
2.  I know what is happening more with my body and they only know based on what I tell them.  Fact is, I keep gaining back and losing the same damn 5 lbs.

The next thing is since late-July, I have put more effort into changing my eating habits.  I have managed to lose about 4 lbs total.  But in the mix of it, I have been following the lap band rules.  And based on that, I know I am eating no more than a cup.  And I know I end up feeling like I'm starving and I'm searching for food.  And guess what........ I've even kind of caught myself going back to my slider foods because I'm hungry damn it!  I'm not in my green zone or near it.

So after talking to my co-worker who has a band too... I will be going in to check and make sure I haven't done any major damage in the past 10 months and hopefully get a push on losing more weight.  I hate being stuck at the 30 lbs total mark.  And I know NOW that I have to put more effort into this thing to keep going.

I'm scheduled for September 28th!  Lets see how this goes. :)

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hey, new follower here! :) (http://bandumentary.blogspot.com)

Just wanted to say, definitely get in for a fill - sounds like you're in need of one!

And never let any of those jerks at True Results make you feel bad about anything, I hear the PA's at the Austin location are horrible!

Manda said...

Thanks Ronnie! Yes... there is one particular PA that hid her jerkiness very well. But I will no longer allow that to keep me from going. I gotta get this band to work for me too.

Sarah said...

Hopefully the fill will help you out. The one thing I noticed with my eating is if I pick higher protein count foods it helps me stay full longer. Like cottage cheese with some cinnamon on it or cottage cheese with Peanut butter in it, veggies with peanut butter, protein bars, greek yogurt, a few boiled eggs, some chicken or fish. I have been experimenting this week and last week with it and it's been helping me out a ton because I was starting to feel hungry all the dang time and realized it was the foods I was picking even though healthy they weren't dense enough to fill me up. I also upped my protein count this week from 70 grams to 100 grams everyday and the scale is moving like crazy every single day down! How wild is that?

Amanda said...

Just saw you on Ronnies comment list and though I'd say hello! Yet another Amanda out in blog world! Good luck with your fill!

Manda said...

Thanks for stopping by Amanda...

Michelle said...

All I can say is please do not be to hard on yourself... You can do it. Up your protein and keep following the rules it is already working for you,,,