Sunday, September 11, 2011

Off Week, Snuky-Poo Surgery and San Antonio Visit

So the past week has been a really crazy and off week for me.  Add in that we had Monday for the holiday, then I had to come in late on Tuesday and Thursday for Brayden's appointments and then off on Friday for the Lil' Wayne concert.  Its just been a jacked up week.

I admit, I didn't get shit done at work this week.  I had no focus.  I hate when I have off weeks like that.  However the plan is to start this new week off with doing lots of OT to make up for the slacking last week and just the lack of time to do anything productive.

Next, I took Snuk for his hearing and vision test with the school.  Why?  Well he's currently getting speech therapy through the ECI (Early Child Intervention) program.  Once a child hits 3 years old, they are transitioned to the local school district.  So I attended the meeting last week on the transitioning.  It starts a few months before the child's birthday.  And well Snuk will be hitting 3 years in January.  I didn't understand the point of the hearing and vision testing by the school districts nurse since I explained he would be going to see his pediatric eye doctor.  But no one listens.  And we had his hearing test just last summer with the ENT doctor.  But okay.  Got there... the nurse did the hearing test, he did good at first and then kind of freaked out when they did his left ear.  I think the equipment was messed up or something, he don't freak out about things like that.  So she just did a manual test (shaking, rattling noses behind his left side)... and he was okay.  Then the vision, which she asked oh... he's not 3 yet, he's just not gonna get this.  I said actually, he won't see it.  He has double vision due to his lazy eye.  Then she remembered that I told her about having the eye situation and wearing glasses since 18 months old, and the latest step was this special eye drop.  So just needed a report from his eye doctor.  Duh!

Well... took Snuk to the eye doctor on Thursday and yep... he will have surgery on September 23rd.  Early in the morning.  I already requested that Friday off.  I'm not too bothered by it, yet!  We kind of already knew this was going to happen.  We'll see how I feel once my baby is in there.  Hopefully once this is done, he will finally be able to see well.  I know the doctor mentioned how there's always a possibility of another surgery later.  *crosses fingers* that it only takes one surgery.



In other news, David and I managed to get away on Friday early before the concert.  The Lil' Wayne concert was in San Antonio and thats about an hour or so away from Austin.  We drove up early and decided to go downtown to check out the Alamo and the Riverwalk.  As well as go eat at this restaurant called Dick's Last Resort.  It was actually a very nice short get away for us.

Check us out in front of the Alamo.  Too bad we didn't get any of us together.  That would have been cool.  But it was a quick trip through it.  Nothing to extravagant.  And it was hot, of course.  Lol.

We eventually made our way down to the River Walk.  Its so pretty down there.  This was his first time visiting it.  I've been there but it was like 10 years ago.  Basically a lot of restaurants, hotels and beautiful scenery.  And then we visited Dick's Last Resort restaurant.  Basically... the schtick is for them to be rude and give poor customer service.  They talk major shit to you.  They do advise you not to take any of it personal from get go though.  They make these funny tall hats and write something about you on it... of course all in fun.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  The waiter we had was pretty cool.  All in all... we had a good time and good food.  Next time we'll visit the Rainforest Cafe.

After the visit to downtown San Antonio it was time to hit up the Lil' Wayne concert.  We got there at 7pm and they started the show on time.  Lloyd opened up, then followed by Far East Movement, Keri Hilson, Rick Ross and then Lil' Wayne.  They all put on a very great show.  We had some pretty good seats.  But I think I may have to admit that I'm too old for concerts.  Not sure I can do another one.  Lol.  I know I'm only 30 years old but the music was just too loud for me (crazy for me to say that).  I had this huge headache and was feeling really nauseous.  I do admit I had a strawberry daiquiri... and was feeling kind of tipsy but not enough to cause that.  I'm not sure what was wrong with me.  Other than that... good times!

Check out the photos below... (sorry none from the Lil' Wayne concert, damn phones died right after Lloyd performed).  Enjoy!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Will be praying for little man's surgery that it goes well and he only needs that one!
Sounds like your getaway was fun!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

hope all goes well with your son. looks like you guys had a good time!