Sunday, July 24, 2011

I love summer time!

Crazy coming from me since typically, I would never go swimming and stay indoors the entire time.  And for Texas weather, I would say that was from late May until the end of September.  LOL.  But I decided to make some changes this year.  I am even willing to admit I am now wearing shorts again!  Now yes, I've lost about 30 lbs since the surgery and basically have been able to keep those off for the most part.  But I still would be hesitate to wear sleeveless shirts (due to my stretch marks on my arms), tank tops, anything that would reveal what I felt was ugly.  This complex also included not wearing shorts, skirts, dresses, etc.  So because of this, I have managed to become a very pale white person on top of being overweight.  Lets throw in there that I'm half Mexican as well and don't really look like it at all at this point.  Believe it or not, I used to be pretty tan as a kid but that all changed around 13 years old.  I just became so self-conscious and hated myself from that point forward.

Check out my tan line!  Niceeee...
As of age 30, I decided I am too old to be living like this.  It took a lot for me to gain the confidence I have now between 25 - 30 years old when it comes to my body, but I realized I was still doing the habits prior......refusing to live life and truly be comfortable in my own skin.  So I made sure to get me a bathing suit early on (got it in April) and to start swimming as soon as the pool opened in my apartments.  I started out real well, then had a lapse in June (working, life events, etc).  But I've been back at again.  I'm enjoying swimming and its a good work out for a fatty like me.  Plus the kiddos love it and it tires them out <<< just how I like it.

So I'm going to continue on with the swimming, at least until the pool closes.  I'm trying to figure out the strength building part.  I really have no weights.  I've been looking online and right now I can't afford to buy some.  Just have to wait it out to get some to seriously work out with.  But I do have some of those resistant bands, maybe I can work something with that.  I just don't know where to start when it comes to strength building.  I wish I had a personal trainer......... :(  I need guidance.  Or maybe I need to make my own guidance.  That could be it.  Another learning lesson in this thing of weight loss.

Outside of swimming lately, my oldest nephew came into town with his girlfriend.  Their expecting a baby in late August.  Its nice to see someone else pregnant instead of me.  :)  I'm happy for them, even with it being at a young age.  A child is a blessing.  Plus my nephew is really stepping up.  He's working hard and I see how he takes care of his girlfriend and I know he will take care of his child.  We have spent the entire weekend swimming, hanging out...even playing Phase 10.  In fact, we were up until 4:30 this morning playing that damn game.  I came so close to winning but Aries won it all in the end.


Best things ever!
SIDE NOTE  >>>  So I got the new flavor for Special K's Protein Meal Bar - Chocolate Caramel.  All I have to say is delicious!  I love it.  My other fave is the Honey Almond.  I know it may be hard to believe but I am pretty picky when it comes to foods.  I don't like the other flavors.  This stuff is good.  I have two boxes in my desk at work.  Its good for breakfast and keeps me full until I eat lunch at noon.  And sometimes I'll eat one in the late afternoon (yes, I know its a meal bar) but its good for snack.  I'm always hungry about 3pm every day at work.  Plus it keeps me from going to the dreaded "LTC ISLAND" (the place where all my co-workers put cakes, cupcakes, cookies, donuts, etc) for the rest of us.  Basically to keep us fat since all we do is sit at a desk all day.

Now onto the rest of my day.........have some laundry to do and the kids are all gone.

Oh and a cute photo of my youngest nephew, Avery with Bizzy Brayden......he's hamming it up for the camera.


No comments: