Saturday, December 3, 2011

It is what it is...

I hate that statement, but being the person that I am... I'm pretty much the type that lives on the realistic side of things.  And when I hear that being applied to something happening directly to me, it kills me to admit that when some else is saying it to me.  Truth hurts though, right?

I've been dealing with some issues with work and well I can't really divulge the details openly, its something that I have to deal with better.  Even I have to come to the conclusion that I need to learn to deal with it better.  I used to wonder when I was younger why so many of the older people would get upset by changes made.  Now that I'm in my 30's, I've caught myself being that type of person.  The type that gripes about all the new changes, the type that gets caught up in the office politics, the type that is almost always pessimistic and just a plain ol' complainer.  I don't want to be that type of person, I like being a team player and the person others can come to if they need help.

Why?  I admit there are some people I work with that are very much like this... and maybe I've allowed myself to get caught up in the mix of it.  And now it has directly affected me.  So from this day forward, I'm going to work on changing it.  Again, I am the only one responsible for my actions.  Time to be accountable, worry only about me and the job I'm doing... and not worry about others.  As I look back on the past 6 months, I can say I probably have not been the best worker... attitude wise.  I've made sure to do my job at the best of my ability and follow direction but my attitude about certain things has not been great and I do need to work on that.

I know there are things I cannot control about others around me or how things are handled, but I can control me.  So that's what I will be doing going forward.  Putting my best foot forward.....

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough time at work! You have a great attitude though and you're right, you can only control your actions not anyone else's.

Beth said...

I've often found myself falling into the complaining rut. You are absolutely right though, you can only change how you react to things. Being positive can only make things better for yourself!

speck said...

I think it takes a great person to admit when they see their own faults.

I think you have great awareness and I completely agree about the new attitude. It's easy to complain, be pessimistic, etc. but the rewards for being a team player definitely makes for a happier work atmosphere and our own mental state.

I think things will look up for you.

Sarah said...

I hope things get better for you at work!

Sam said...

You know what I need to take your attitude and follow it. I too have not been displaying the best attitude at work, so thanks for your post, hopefully I will be able to live and learn from it :o)

Rhonda said...

I know what you mean, I think that phrase is such a cop-out! Because it wouldn't be what it is unless we made it so, right?

Either way, you have a good attitude about the changes you want to make, so that'll just make it all the easier to change whatever you think you need to. :)

trishajo said...

office politics suck. and are HARD to deal with...

i feel ya girl. i hope things get better for you!