Friday, December 30, 2011

My Oldest 12th Birthday, Word for 2012


Aries, 1 month old.
So exactly 12 years ago today, I gave birth to my son Aries Tremaine.  I remember going in to be induced because he was actually due on January 1, 2000.  I remember the hype of Y2K... and everyone worrying that computers would shut down or power would go out.  LOL.  I didn't really worry too much about that.  Especially with motherhood (for my young self) being around the corner.

It felt like a dream that day, all of the meds they gave me... but my baby boy was born at 5:42pm on a Thursday.  I wasn't ready for him at all, I was only 19 years old.  But he changed me.  I grew up very quickly and I'm glad he's made such an impact on my life.  We've had our tough times but overall, to see how much he's grown into a young man, it makes me proud.  He hasn't had his real dad around most of his life, basically making pit-stops here and there through out it and I know it hurts him badly.  But I hope he realizes how much everyone around him loves him.  And that his real dad is the one losing out on something great.

Aries, October 2011

He's about my height now, his hands and feet are finally bigger than mine (he measures them against mine, lol)... it just makes me cry.  I remember being so scared to touch him the day after he was born, I was so sick after having him (I had constant bladder infections through the pregnancy and it hit harder after birth).  But I remember unwrapping him from the blanket and to touch those little hands and feet. 

And to see him now at 12 years old... its hard to believe we've come this far a long in life.  I can't wait to see him grow even more.  I love my baby!  He makes me proud as a mom, especially with all the worries I've had about how his life would and will still be.  I can't wait to see the next 12 years ahead!

Now onto my word for 2012 (inspired by my fellow bandster ladies).  I've been seeing plenty of blogs about the word for 2012 this year.  And they all have had great words.  I feel like I could benefit from all of the words used.  As I look back over the past year, I realize I have made some major changes with this weight loss battle and I'm actually proud of them.  Because it takes a lot to get me going, very unmotivated... and/or lazy.  Haha.

It didn't hit me until July this year that I had to actually participate more in losing the weight.  That although in my head I wanted it, I had to work for it.  And since the beginning of August, I have not only lost approximately 10 pounds but I have gained some insight on what things need to be done to continue losing.  Although that may not seem like a lot to some... its kind of major for me because really in my life, I've never put in much effort with losing weight.  Even after getting the band.  I do admit with some of the changes that happened in the past few months, I've allowed things to go off track.... but I've also learned how to get back on track and at least maintain my loss.  I even exercised for 3 weeks... at least 5-6 days, that is a rare occurrence for me.  Lol.  I've even made sure to get in water more (which is something I never did)... in fact, by doing so its kept me off drinking so much juice. 

So my word for 2012 is:

COMMIT
com·mit (k-mt)  


VERB:  com·mit·ted, com·mit·ting, com·mits


1.  To do, perform, or perpetrate.
2.  To put in trust or charge; entrust.


OTHER FORMS:

com·mitta·ble(Adjective)



SYNONYMS:

commit, consign, entrust, confide, relegate


This word fits me at this point in life... and my weight loss journey.  Its time to totally commit to this journey and take my health seriously.  As well as know that it will lead me to feeling better about myself, which in turn will effect my relationships, my job, my life as a whole in a positive way.  I know if I feel good about me, it will spread to other areas in my life.  Its time to take hold and commit.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't get over that you have a 12 yr old girl! Happy Birthday!
I love your word of the year, you can do this girl!

Andrea said...

Aww...happy birthday to your son! Great word for the year!

Sam said...

Every time I see a new word, I think, darn, why didn't I choose that one? And I think the same now :o)
And happy birthday to your boy!!!

Rhonda said...

Whew, 12! :) Seems like he's growing into a well-rounded young man... good job, mama.