Saturday, December 19, 2009

Secret Santa, New Weigh In & Family Time

So we did Secret Santa at work........and mine was of course my lap-band Buddy.  She wrapped those gifts so beautifully and the big surprise gift on Friday was:

TAAAA DAAAAAAA!!!


I don't think I've ever been so excited to get a scale for weighing myself.  Its soooo nice.  I really needed one and I weighed myself and I'm down 4lbs in the past 2 weeks.  So in total since the beginning of November, I've lost 19 pounds.  I'm so proud of myself.  I really didn't think I'd lose weight in the past two weeks since I've been able to eat normally again.  I go in for my first fill (aka tightening of the band) on the 29th, so I know for sure I'll lose more weight since I have to do the liquid thing for a couple days.  This is just crazy to me...to have lost that amount of weight in this amount of time.  I am just so thankful for my co-worker aka Secret Santa aka Lap Band Buddy.  She has no idea what this really means to me.

Outside of that, I went Christmas shopping today.  It was really hectic, crazy and all that wonderful stuff that Christmas is.  We got some clothes, toys and things for the kids.  They will be very excited.  I'll be doing some wrapping tonight.  We'll do some last minute shopping on Wednesday but I think we're good.

So other than that.........I'm happy!

No comments: