Sunday, July 5, 2009

Grandma Evelyn is Gone

June 27, 1934 - July 4, 2009

So my Grandma passed away on July 4th. I got the call from my mom about 12:30am, my Grandparents live near Reno, NV so she passed around 10:30pm. She's been suffering for years from COPD and Empysema. But from what one of my friends (who is a nurse) said was that COPD is a very painful disease to go through. However, my Grandma was a very stubborn old woman. She smoked forever...and tried to quit with this thing but would go back to smoking again. I mean she was on oxygen, with tubes in her nose smoking. Knowing dang well she'd blow up a house possibly. LOL.

I'm not sure how I feel at this point, I spoke to her last week. It was hard getting up the nerve to call her. Knowing she was at home on hospice, knowing that they had her on Morphin for pain. And knowing those were her last days. I did call and tell her I love her, she knew. I feel in my heart she knew and does know even now. So when I got the call, it wasn't like I was broke up over it. I guess everyone thought I'd break down and be bawling my eyes out. Maybe I thought I would as well. I kind of feel numb and its not being done on purpose. Everyone keeps asking if I'm okay. I am. Maybe it will hit me later, I don't know.

But its like I knew it was coming, so I prepared myself for this already. So maybe it doesn't hurt as bad.

Love you Grandma.

No comments: