Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My dedication to Pretty

Rest in Peace my sweet, Pretty. 1999 - 2014
One update I really haven't talked much about is... the loss of my cat.  She died on August 26, 2014 at about 4 am.  She was 15 years old and her name was Pretty.

I've had her since I was 18 years old, even before my oldest son was born.  Initially she was a shy and timid girl.  But later, after her brother moved out - he moved in with a neighbor of mine, she came out of her shell and was a very sweet, loving cat.  She dealt with my three children, all while they were growing and learning how to treat animals.  She was very patient with some ear/tail pulling, picking up and rough hugs.  She would make squeaks and this face, like help me please.  Lol.  But she never would scratch them.

I've always been a cat lover.  After having to give up my orange tabby, Morris at the age of 13 to the shelter... I told myself, I would never get a cat again unless I knew that I could keep it for their entire life.  And Pretty was the cat, I was blessed to have.  I truly hope she did not suffer and that she had an awesome cat life with me.

A gift from friends in her memory.
Just thinking about it, makes me want to cry.  I'm going to be honest, I would joke around a lot about when she passed because I knew she was really old, but never in a million years did I think she would die --- or that I would witness it.  She basically died at home, in front of her food bowl.  She has had a history of asthma but other than that, she was healthy.  In fact, I had just taken her in for a check up back in April and the vet said she was doing fine.

Romeo... napping.
All I can think is, she had a heart attack or something.  I really can't pinpoint on if it was due to her asthma or what.  I still hold a lot of guilt.  I think about her a lot, especially because my other cat, he seems to appear like he's lonely being the only cat.  When I got him, he was just a kitten and Pretty was there for him.  Now, he's alone.  I feel bad for him.

I'm sure Romeo is fine... just look at this picture.  Although prior to Pretty dying, he would never of sat up there on the couch that long or even allowed a cover on him.  Now I feel overly cautious with him.  He's 8 years old and now considered a senior.  It makes me want to go take him to the vet, get all those blood tests and make sure he's okay.

Its strange... without her around anymore.

No comments: