Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Here's to good friends!

I've been thinking about things I want to work on and change this year... not so much weight related, but more so with my life in general.  My main focus this year is to re-connect with my close friends and really put an effort in seeing them.

Shamiya and I.
I realized after attending one of my good friends birthday dinner, December 30th... that we had not seen each other in probably 2 years.  Mind you... we do live in the Austin Area, however she lives in a little ol' town outside of Austin, more southwest and I live way opposite.  So its about an hour a drive.  But that shouldn't be an excuse.  I realized that was not good and I'm missing out on what is happening with her.

So it made me decide that I will schedule in time with friends, otherwise... it will not happen.  And I will make it happen --- unless they have something come up.  That is my goal this year... reconnect with old friends, make new friends and just keep building on all of my relationships.  Even with family.

Which lead me to being able to meet up with two of my other close friends.  We used to all work together back in 2003 - 2004.  So I asked them why not meet up and hang out!  We went to Chuy's Mexican restaurant and I ordered the Southwestern plate... which is chicken enchiladas with a fried over medium egg on it.  I ate like 4 bites, but it was gooodddd!  It was nice finally seeing their faces in person and catching up on whats happening in each other's life.  I know Facebook was meant to connect us, but I feel like it keeps people a part more than bringing them together.  Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy being on Facebook but its definitely not the same as spending time with good friends or family.

Christina, Me and Laura.
Last year, my focus was on me and doing things for myself like going back to school and doing some traveling... and while that is still something I am working on, I also want to work on making a better effort of having all my relationships in a great place.  I enjoy being around good company.

This also brings up how badly I want to move into a house (we live in a  four bedroom apartment).  I really want to be able to throw gatherings and spend time with my family and friends.  I enjoy throwing parties and decorating.  Its just hard to do in an apartment... so that is another factor.

I do admit that I've kind of pushed my other friendships over with building my friendship with my best friend Crystal.  And life has gotten in the way a lot.  Hopefully, with my own effort --- my other friends will step up too.

Just some thoughts I've had recently...

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

This is a great thing to work on in the upcoming year... I think we all wish we made more time for friends, but to actually make a conscious effort is awesome!

Also, I'm sick of apartment living, too. It's hard to WANT to decorate or throw parties. Ugh.