Monday, September 15, 2014

Whats happenin'

I figured I will try to make a commitment with posting at least 1 time per week.  Blogging keeps me accountable for my weight loss efforts and its nice to just record about my life.

Regarding the weight loss part... I have two appointments this week, tomorrow for my psych evaluation and then on Friday for my endoscopy.  I am hoping that after the appointment on Friday, the surgery date will be set.  In the meantime, I am now back on MyFitnessPal to start tracking my food, exercise and water in take.  Definitely needed.  Especially getting my water intake in order.  After being sick two weeks ago and getting dehydrated, I need to get the water in my system.  The doctor's office gave me a protein shake to try called Premier... Hmmm... vanilla was okay.  I usually stay away from vanilla flavors because I know they are usually not that good, at least to me.  Maybe chocolate next time.

I will be taking four classes this fall semester, but currently only doing 2 right now.  One for my major in Healthcare Admin and Personal Wellness for my core classes.  It actually comes at the same time that I am trying to get things in order for my health.  So part of this class requires creating a wellness plan for myself, which includes all my "numbers" like cholesterol, glucose, weight, etc. and how to improve it with a plan.  I'm really excited to get this all in order.  I kind of enjoy the fact that I'm starting brand new.  This is a different start to it though.  I've always had problems with committing but I feel this is different, same way I felt about going back to school.  I feel that thing pushing me forward to accomplish this and be a better person.

So the good news... I got my results back on my "Know Your Numbers" that my job does annually and I am doing so well in my cholesterol, it has finally dropped to good numbers.  Now its time to get my weight in control.

In other news, my oldest son is playing for his high school freshman football team and doing so well.  He's a wide receiver and has managed to get a touchdown in each game so far.

I also took my daughter to a dance clinic with the local Leander High School Blue Belles.  It was a surprise for her.  She was involved in softball but wanted a break last season.  I figured she may enjoy this, let her try some things out.  The dance clinic was just some exposure to it.  So I have decided to sign her up for a few dance classes to see if she likes it, doing it with beginners.  She doesn't know this yet, I have surprised her with these things.  Lol.  I just want her to stay active and be open to trying things.  So we will see how it goes, this evening.

As for Brayden, we haven't put him in any activity yet.  I think we just need to focus on school at this point.  Haha.

I'm also working on baby shower stuff for my best friend.  She is due in December and I am hosting the shower.  I managed to accomplish a lot of errands this past weekend related to it.  Its scheduled to happen in October.  I hope it turns out well.  Especially with how flaky some people are.  Say they will come and don't.  Thats my fear, that no one will come.  *crosses fingers*

Well thats about it so far this week...



No comments: