Thursday, November 6, 2014

2 days post-op with the VSG

So I've been kind of busy with all sorts of appointments.  But the morning of my surgery this past Tuesday, I was weighing in at 224.0.  In total I lost 6 lbs. while on my pre-op diet.  I'm okay with that.  A loss is a loss.

So the day of surgery, I was scheduled to be there at 9:15am for surgery to start at 11:15am.  Unfortunately my surgeon got behind with other revision surgeries, so I didn't go in until about 4ish or so.  I stayed overnight in my own room and the staff was wonderful.  I was weighed after the surgery and up to 229.2 but that was probably due to all the fluids they had pumped in me.  So I figured I'd step on the scale this morning and I'm down to 222.4.

I will do my best not to become over obsessed with the scale... <<< Haha.  So I'm working on getting 64 ounces of water in and protein.  I do have to say that this surgery feels a little harder compared to the LapBand.  Maybe its because I'm older, I don't know.  But it feels like I did 1,000 crunches or something.  And all the gas from it, seems to be stuck in my stomach... no where near my shoulder area.  Thankfully, I have Gas-X strips.  Thinking of it, need to take my prilosec.  I actually feel a little better this evening.  It is all about walking, sipping water, walking, sipping more water.

Overrall... I'm just resting.  But figured I'd update on here.

No comments: