Monday, March 2, 2015

Jobby-Job, NSV... boots!

Good morning!!!

Okay... so I've been in a weird place lately, not weight related more so with my career and where I want to be in five years.  I've felt extremely tormented with the thoughts of moving on from my current job.  Not that I don't love the work I do or some of the people, but I've come to terms with the fact that...
  1. There appears to be no room for advancement.  (I want to be in management) And we haven't had open positions or even ones unilaterally at my company for a long time.
  2. No room for growth or learning new skills (I need this... I am bored, thus the reason I returned to school too).
I admit, I feel like a bad employee... guilt is mixed in too.  I've worked at my company for six years now.  I moved into my position at about 18 months into coming to work with my company.  Since then, I've been kind of stuck.  I really do hate the thoughts of leaving.  I fear leaving and going somewhere that is not great.  So hard.

I just know I have more I can offer and more I want to learn.  I thrive on learning.

Now outside of that... I did weigh-in on Saturday... and I'm down 2 more pounds.  Lovely.


One other major NSV is that I was finally able to put on my riding boots that I bought about two years ago.  



So yeah... I had a good weekend.  And I'm happy to say that Girl Scout Cookie Sales are OVER!!  They are all out of my house now.  However, my daughter has started softball for the spring and thats about 3 months.  LOL.  Good news is I don't go back to school until the end of March.  So a small break.  And I do have to admit, time has slowed down since I'm not taking any classes right now --- strange!

Alright... that is all.

No comments: